Are you looking for a fun and rewarding way to support the informal education community? We welcome all Cultural Connections members to actively participate as members of the board. We recruit new board members annually and are currently accepting applications to join the board.
Cultural Connections is a community of Bay Area museum professionals who meet regularly to exchange ideas, share resources, and inspire creativity and action. Its purpose is to provide avenues for communication and collaboration among those involved in museums and other cultural institutions. Each board member supports the mission by participating in program planning and related activities.
Board members keep their fingers on the pulse of what’s innovative and interesting in the world of informal education, and organize professional development events throughout each year to share these trends and topics with the Cultural Connections community.
To find out more about a board position with Cultural Connections, please speak with a board member at any of our events, or contact us by email at info@cultural‐connections.org.
Frequently Asked Questions about joining the Cultural Connections Board
What qualities does Cultural Connections seek in new board members?
- Professional experience in the informal education field
- Previous leadership and volunteer experience
- Interest in strengthening the informal education profession and building community
What responsibilities do board members take on?
- Attend Cultural Connections programs and board meetings (approx. 1 per month; additional committee meetings may be scheduled as needed)
- Participate in program planning for one or more programs
- Participate in other Cultural Connections business conducted by email or other online communication
- Uphold Cultural Connections code of ethics
- Maintain a dues‐paid membership in Cultural Connections
What time commitment is involved?
- Board members commit to a 2‐year term
- Expect to spend an average of 2‐6 hours per month
What is the process for joining the board?
- Discuss your interest with Cultural Connections Vice President Email: info@cultural‐connections.org
- Submit resume and letter of interest for review by existing board members
- All current board members vote on slate of board candidates
- Cultural Connections is not obligated to elect new members if current board meets requirements of bylaws
- New member orientation will be scheduled following election.
- To find out more about a board position with Cultural Connections, please speak with a board member at any of our events, or contact us by email at info@cultural‐connections.org.
- The application and selection process takes place in winter and spring each year.