|Date:||Thursday, June 15, 2017, 1:45 - 5:00pm|
|Title:||Do-It-Yourself Evaluation: Confessions of failure, foibles and follies & Ways to deal with them|
|Location:||The American Bookbinders Museum: 355 Clementina Street, San Francisco.|
|Cost:||Free for members, $15 for non-members|
Can you think of a time you were surprised when something about your evaluation didn’t work, or because an unexpected request came your way, or because you were somehow folly to false assumptions?
Join us for a lively afternoon where we’ll dive into messiness and embrace failures related to evaluation. The event will be a convivial exercise in creativity and problem solving surrounding mistakes, failures, and the work we have yet to do. We will workshop the common problems, and then celebrate the outcomes and learning that come from looking back on experiences and learning from them.
We’ll hear from the often brilliant minds of:
- Alice Fu, Educational Researcher & Consultant
- Amy Kampf, Development Officer, Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Denise Sauerteig, Learning & Evaluation Manager, KQED
- Maia Werner-Avidon, Evaluator
More about the Program:
When you are faced with having to do your own evaluation, or you’re shooting in the dark, trying to figure out where to start – some great failures can happen. Failure happens for many reasons – and most give ripe opportunities to learn. We will begin with a few brave souls who will openly share about something that they encountered (or are encountering). We will then facilitate an “unconference” that will allow us to workshop and learn from each other about ways to maybe avoid similar fates in the future. At the end we will share a toast to mistakes and happy little accidents!
What can I expect in the workshop? (1:45pm – 5:00pm)
- stories and confessions of failure
- choose-your-own-adventure mini workshops
- “gallery walk” of posters created in the mini workshops
- resources to assist implementation of your own projects
Tell me more about the After Party! (5:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Grab a drink and raise a toast to failure and some of the people or processes who help you get through it.
- Then, meander through Yerba Buena’s Third Thursday Galleries (open until 7:00pm).